Wednesday 26 January 2011

Closures of Children's Centres... Continued.

Manor Ward Councillor John Gibson says: "My colleague and long time friend of Manor Ward, Council Leader Tony Robertson, outlines further the Lib Dem position on the closure of Children's Centres. I have to fully agree with my Lib Dem council colleagues, I think it is fair to say that those of us seriously engaged, and some are not, with reducing the council budget have found this amongst the most difficult of issues in which to deal with.

Tony Robertson's full Blog can be found by clicking HERE. His words are much more informative than a simple statement, as published by Manor Ward earlier this week. For those with concerns or issues surrounding the closure of Children's Centres or other Council budgetary issues, please contact your Manor Ward Lib Dem Team.

There are no Phase 1 Centres in Manor. However, other Centres concerned in the Crosby Area are the following:

Phase 2:
·         Thornton Children’s Centre
·         Waterloo Children’s Centre

Phase 3:
·         Valewood Children’s Centre

 
I have to thank my friends in Birkdale for bringing the following report by Graham Allen MP to my attention. The report is about how the principle that these services should be targeted on the most vulnerable children who are not 'school ready', can be found by clicking here."

1 comment: