Tuesday 18 January 2011

Hightown Cricket Club pavilion gutted by blaze

Hightown Cricket Club has experienced a devestating fire during the early hours of Sunday morning.


The full story can be found online on the Formby Times website.

Local resident and Hightown Councillor, John Gibson, whose house is a stones throw away from the Club, told how sad he was to hear such terrible news. He told e-Focus: "I was invited to inspect the damaged Club House along with the Formby Times on Sunday morning. Both as a local resident and Ward Councillor I am obviously very sympathetic to the members of the Club. The scale of the fire is shocking; the burnt smell left behind from the fire could still be smelt in the air as I left my house this morning."

If you've been affected by this incident and need advice or support you can contact John either by phone 0151 929 2044 or email manorfocus@gmail.com.



Picture taken from Formby Times website, link above.

1 comment:

  1. Very sorry to hear about the Hightown Club ,I know many of the Mainey Family parties have taken place over the years . I am sure like the members of the Club they will be devastated at the news.

    ReplyDelete