Thursday 27 January 2011

Save Our Cheques



I was filling up my car a few afternoons ago and whilst being rather concerned at how quickly the price was going up compared to how little was being pumped into my car, I spotted a sign saying "We no longer accept cheques." I managed to get a quick picture before driving off,using my mobile phone.

I've been asked by numerous residents as to why I feel this is such an important campaign. The reasons why have been detailed on this Blog already. However, what I think people really sympathize more with,is the fact that the big High Street banks are keen to push this through as soon as possible, simply because at the present moment in time there is no legislation stopping the Banks from doing so.

It is once again another example of the Big Banks doing as they please without a full consultation and thought for the ordinary person using the cheque service; this being the housebound, disabled, charitable sector, small business, and the elderly. I urge all residents of Manor Ward to sign my petition – which is attached to your latest FOCUS newsletter and being delivered this coming month – and return it to myself, before we are too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment